What the Advocates in the Office of the DOS does not do:
- Mediate or participate in any way in any formal grievance or appeal process in the University system.
- Suggest or determine right or wrong in any student incident or complaint, nor recommend any sanctions.
- Have any decision-making authority or power to direct or require action by any staff or faculty member.
- Provide students with academic advising.
- Guarantee that our students will be completely satisfied with the ultimate resolution of their issue, informally or formally.